Carpet Cleaning in Campbell
Everyone expects that regular vacuuming is necessary to keep a carpet in good shape and it helps to swiftly take care of any potential stains or dark spots on the carpet. But even the most meticulous homeowner knows that extra care is needed to keep carpets in tip-top shape. Every Campbell local needs a deep carpet cleaning every six months to a year. A professional carpet cleaning will rid your carpet of obdurate and entrenched dirt (and may even be required by your carpet’s warranty or your rental agreement). A deep cleaning will brighten up a home and have your carpet looking fresh and smelling sweet.
A carpet cleaning can be accomplished by either wet or dry means of extraction, and it can be performed by professional carpet cleaners or rented equipment. If you’re looking to save a few bucks on labor, renting equipment is certainly an option but, you will find that a rental will cost about the same as a professional carpet cleaning and get you less than stellar results.
Find the Right Carpet Cleaning Near You
It’s a good idea to reference carpet cleaning companies through your friends or neighbors, or perhaps from the store where your carpet was purchased. Rental equipment is more readily obtained, as references are not as important (it’s likely that carpet cleaning rentals can be purchased from any local rental store). What your carpet is made from will determine what kind of cleaning methods should be used. If you have any questions at all give us a call in Campbell for all of your carpet cleaning needs.
The Right Cleaning For My Carpet
- Usually, new carpets are made up of synthetic fibers such as polyester, nylon, or olefin. Just about all deep cleaning methods are appropriate for these types of carpets, but the manufacturer’s instructions should always be strictly followed, so remember to check these. If your carpet incorporates natural fibers, first cleaning will probably be required.
- Just about any and all Carpet Cleaning Companies in Campbell use methods that can be employed on wool carpets, though caution should be exhibited as wool is sensitive to excess heat. Cleaning equipment that features large beaters or brushes is best not used on wool carpeting. Bleaches and detergents with high alkaline levels should also be avoided, as both are damaging to the fleece material. A pH-neutral cleaning solution should be used on wool instead. When deep cleaning wool carpet, quick drying is essential to avoid yellowing.
- Silk carpets should always be cleaned with a dry method process. Area rugs that feature silk as a component should be kept out of high temperatures and sunlight. Silk should be kept away from solutions that have high pH content, and the material weakens when it is wet. Light spot removal that is necessary can be tolerated by silk, but deep cleaning should be left up to carpet cleaning professionals.
- The popular carpet fiber materials of cotton and rayon – which are often produced as both pure carpets as well as blended – are made of a plant fiber called cellulose. This material can take any carpet cleaning method you can throw at it, but carpets made of such material can yellow if left wet too long. An excess of moisture can also cause shrinkage in the fibers.
- Other plant fibers, like sisal, jute, coconut, ramie, and hemp are similar to that of cotton and rayon. Like those plant fibers, these also can be subjected to just about any carpet cleaning has to offer. Moisture also causes these plant fibers to shrink, and yellowing may occur if left wet for too long of time. But unlike cotton or rayon carpets, it is a better idea to use a professional carpet cleaner to tackle these plant fiber carpets.
Contact a Local Carpet Cleaning Professional in Campbell, CA
Change of the seasons? Family coming to visit? Breath new life into your home? Now is the best time to contact a carpet cleaning expert in Campbell. Give us a call today for a free estimate and get your carpets cleaned right the first time.