What’s the Climate and Weather Like in Newark, California?
The climate here is mild, and generally warm and temperate. Its a great place to live for people that like the outdoors and like to garden. You still get a little taste of winter, but nothing that will freeze you out of town.
The temperature here averages 13.6 °C | 56.5 °F. In a year, the rainfall is 587 mm | 23.1 inch. The rainfall in Newark is significant, with precipitation even during the driest month.
Newark, California’s climate is typical for areas in the Bay Area.
Newark, California’s climate is typical for areas in the Bay Area. The city has a Mediterranean climate, with cool and foggy summers, mild winters and relatively sunny spring and autumn seasons.
Newark is a Humid Subtropical Climate
The growing zone is a designation used to determine what type of plants can be grown in a certain area. Newark, California is in the 10a growing zone. This location is classified as Cfa by Köppen and Geiger.
Summers are cool and dry, with morning fog and comfortable afternoon highs in the 70s-80s.
During the summer, Newark’s weather is comfortable and dry. Morning fog is common, but it usually burns off by midday. Afternoon highs range from 70s to 80s Fahrenheit. Summer days typically end with a cooling breeze that helps to keep people cool at night, when temperatures often fall into the 50s F (10 C).
Winters are cool to cold, with intermittent rain showers.
Newark’s winters are cool to cold, with intermittent rain showers. The average temperature in January is 45°F (7°C). It is not unusual for the temperatures to be freezing or below freezing at night, so you may want to pack a jacket.
The average annual rainfall is between 15 and 25 inches (38–64 cm), which means you should expect rain every day of your visit.
The area is home to a great Mediterranean climate, meaning long periods without precipitation or chilly weather, which makes it ideal for gardening.
- The average high temperature in Newark is 78 degrees Fahrenheit and the average low temperature is 54 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The warmest month of the year is July, with an average high temperature of 84 degrees Fahrenheit and an average low temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The coolest month of the year is December, with an average high temperature of 62 degrees Fahrenheit and an average low temperature of 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spring and fall do not exist as seasons in this area; temperatures are usually similar to summer numbers.
In Newark, California, spring and fall do not exist as seasons. The warm temperatures of summer often last into autumn and can be accompanied by rain showers. However, these precipitation events are short-lived, so there is little change in humidity levels during this time. Winter is a very different story: cool to cold temperatures with intermittent rain showers give way to frosty conditions that are much less common during the rest of the year.
- The average first frost date is December 23, and the average last frost date is January 21.
- The average frost-free period is 198 days (June 25 – October 15).
- The growing season averages 257 days (March 27 – September 20).
Great Weather and Growing in Newark, CA
In conclusion, this is a great place to live with almost no bad weather!