Is a professional carpet cleaning worth it?
Carpet cleaning is a pain. It’s a messy, hard, time-consuming job that most people don’t want to do. Is a professional carpet cleaning worth it?
If you’re like me and have been putting off this unpleasant chore for as long as possible, here’s what you need to know about cleaning your carpets.
Pro carpet cleaning benefits include:
- Refreshed and clean carpets
- Removal of allergens
- Improved indoor air quality
The cost of professional carpet cleaning varies depending on the size of the room. The type of carpet and the cleaning method are also factors. So yes, professional carpet it cleaning is worth it, but price and time are always a factor.
Cleaning carpets with a machine
- Clean carpets regularly. Most carpets are synthetic fibers like polyester or nylon. This means they can be cleaned with the right cleaning solution and the proper equipment. You’ll need to clean your carpet at least once every year or so. This depends on how often you use it and how many people live in your home.
- Use a good machine. The best way to clean your carpet is with a high-quality vacuum cleaner. One that is designed specifically for cleaning upholstery and carpets.
- Look for models that offer some of these features:
- A retractable cord so you don’t have to worry about tripping over it while vacuuming
- An auto-turning brush bar that helps remove dirt from deep within the pile of your rug
- A rotating beater bar that cleans dirt out from under furniture legs and along baseboards
- A motorized brush attachment that’s strong enough to lift dust from deep within thick rugs without damaging them
DIY carpet cleaning
The first thing to understand is that carpets are hard to clean. For one thing, they’re big and bulky and awkward. They take up a lot of room in your home and aren’t easy to move. When you need access to the floor underneath, it can be a problem. They can also be problematic if you have dogs or small children who tend to get their hands into everything.
Plus, even when they don’t contain actual dirt or dust mites (which they usually do), carpets hold onto smells. It takes a lot of work to get those out of your home!
Professional cleaning services
Professional cleaning services cost more than a rental. They often require that you book a service appointment in advance. But, if you have carpets that are really dirty or very expensive, it may be worth the cost. If your carpets have never been cleaned, hiring professional carpet cleaner near you is a good idea. If not, then you might want to try cleaning them yourself first.
Carpet cleaning is not a fun job, but it might be worth investing in it.
You might think that carpet cleaning is a boring and tedious job. After all, it’s not like you can just wash your sofas and beds in your washing machine. But there are several reasons why professional carpet cleaning is worth it:
- The benefits of having a clean carpet include reduced dust mites, better air quality (which means less sneezing), and fewer allergens floating around the house. If you want to live in a healthier home, then having clean carpets is definitely one way to do it!
- The downsides of having dirty carpets include increased allergies due to mold spores. There’s an increase in allergens such as dander from pets who shed their hair. This especially applies if they have long hair. Over time this increases the risk of getting sick due to exposure without even realizing what causes it.
Ultimately, It’s Up to You
While carpets add to the beauty of a home, they also need regular cleaning. Clean carpets ensure that you and your family can enjoy them for years to come.
If you are not sure whether you should use a cleaning machine or hire professionals, then ask yourself these questions. How much time do I have available? Am I comfortable using rented equipment? Do I want my carpets cleaned by a professional? If it is more than one hour per week then it makes sense for me but if not, then hiring a professional might be better option.